also featuring : some of my scrumptious tried and tested recipes - travel tips - fantastic finds

Monday, May 30, 2011

Fun Place... But Don't Be Late! @ YakiMix Smokeless Grill

Location: 2nd Floor, Forum Building
270 Tomas Morato Avenue
Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone: (63) -2 - 3328073 
Hours: Daily
11:00 am - 2:00 pm / 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Price per Person: 
Php 499.00 - Mon to Sat Lunch
Php 599.00 - Dinner, Sunday, & Holidays
+ Php 65.00 for bottomless drinks
------------------------------------





I was trying to decide on whether to mention the good points or bad points first. I chose to start with their bad POINT since there's only 1 to mention. :-)  I know you've heard a lot about YakiMix and are excited to try it out, that's probably why you're reading this entry right? Hehehe :-) Anyway, my FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT TIP OF ALL: Be sure to get to there EARLY is you want to get seated at once, especially on weekends, holidays, or special occasions like Valentine's Day, Mother's & Father's Day, and Easter.

Believe me, if YakiMix opens at 11:00 am for lunch and 6:00 pm for dinner, and you get even just 30 minutes later on the critical days I mentioned above... good luck... you're sure to be on the wait-list already. If you get to YakiMix an hour after it opens, be ready to wait for at least an hour. Seriously. So don't dilly-dally if you want to eat here. If you have a habit of always being late, forget about it... just go to YakiMix for lunch on weekdays when the place is not as packed as usual.

So now, let's move to the most important part... the food :-) Yeah sure, I know a lot of people would say that this place is their favorite. However, in my opinion... food is actually just OK. For me, I can't honestly say that the food at YakiMix is amazing, mouthwatering, or extremely scrumptious in terms of flavor. 

In my (and my husband's) point of view, we like YakiMix not really because of how the food tastes, but because YakiMix makes for a good and fun place to go to for bonding sessions with friends or even a date. It's the novelty and fun-factor of grilling your food right in front of you. It's the fun of getting to choose all the shrimp, squid, fish, beef, pork, and poultry you want... and being able cook it on your table. I'm pretty sure that on your first try here, you'd be super excited and not notice that you got more grill items than you can actually finish (like us, when we first ate here). Haha :-)

Aside from the items for grilling, you also get to choose from a variety of cooked dishes. Not as much as the ones you have in Dad's though. You still have your Sushi, Sashimi, and Maki spread... Tempura and other breaded items, one or two pasta & noodle dishes, Sukiyaki, Crispy Pata, Pizza (1 flavor only), a couple of meat and fish dishes, and your usual cake and pastries.






Another thing I actually like about YakiMix is their Ice Cream chest. I love the fact that they actually have Selecta Ice Cream as their supplier. They not only have the usual Ice Cream in tubs, but you can also choose your favorite Selecta Ice Cream sticks and popsicles :-) Yum! I can easily finish 10 of those yummy apple and watermelon popsicles for dessert! Perfect for getting the "umay" and "busog" feeling you get after a buffet meal. 

Overall, not bad for Php 599.00 right?





MY VERDICT 

What I Like:
> The thrill I get from grilling my food on my table :-)
> The popsicles from Selecta 

What  I Don't Like:
> How hard it is to get a seat when you don't get there in time 

Will I Go Back?:
> Yup!

Do I Recommend This Place?:
> Yes! It's a fun option and change from your usual buffet places :-)




* your feedback, comments, opinions, and suggestions
are highly appreciated... 
feel free to post it on the form below


OR


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...