My husband LOVES crabs. According to him, he can eat crabs everyday and never get sick of it... haven't tried serving him crabs daily though. Haha :-) When you ask my husband how he wants his crabs for dinner, he'll say he just likes them boiled. It might sound so basic to just drop the crabs in a pot of boiling water and it's done... but I have a few tips you guys (especially those new to cooking) might want to try the next time you cook boiled crabs or make a "Crab Boil" as crab fanatics call it.
- Your choice of crabs (of course!) ~ blue crab, red crab, rock crab, dungeness ... you decide
- SPICES/CRAB BOIL MIX: - a can of sprite or 7-up, a teaspoon of whole black peppercorns, 2 bay leaves, a teaspoon of allspice, a teaspoon of chili powder (add more if you want a spicier version), a whole garlic (peeled and crushed), 1 teaspoon coriander seed, and rock salt.
- A pot which can fit all your crabs ~ if you're planning to cook a lot of crabs, for a big party perhaps, I suggest doing them in batches unless you have a really ginormous pot
- Water for boiling
- Pour the can of Sprite or 7-Up into the pot and add about a liter of water (or more, depending on the number of crabs you have. 1 liter water is to 1 can of Sprite or 7-Up)
- Put all the spices in the pot, stir, and bring it to a boil
- Put the crabs in the pot of your boiled concoction ~ make sure the crabs are completely covered in your crab boil water
- Continue Boiling the Crab for 20 minutes.
- Serve.. and Enjoy! Yum!
* your feedback, comments, opinions, and suggestions
are highly appreciated...
feel free to post it on the form below