also featuring : some of my scrumptious tried and tested recipes - travel tips - fantastic finds

Monday, May 30, 2011

Hum-drum Food @ Casa Reyes - Greenhills, San Juan

Location: 1/F Greenhills Shopping Complex
Conneticut Carpark, Ortigas Avenue
San Juan, Metro Manila
Philippines
Telephone: (63) - 2 - 7211358
Hours: Daily / 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
----------------------------------------------


Sizzling Sisig (Php 168.00)


If you want to have your fill of delicious and juicy Chicken Barbecue and Java Rice, Casa Reyes in Greenhills is NOT the place to go. If I were you, just head to Aristocrat. I honestly found their Sizzling Sisig better (but still average) than their claim to fame Barbecue.


My gut-feeling was right... I never had good vibes with this place. Nothing really seemed to entice me to eat here, until my sister had this sudden craving for Chicken Barbecue and Atsara. We should've eaten somewhere else for lunch.



Chicken Barbecue on the Bone (Php 194.00)



Their Pancit Canton Guisado was also... ummm.. plain. It needed more seasoning and more of everything for that matter. For Pancit to be served with this much (or little) meat and vegetables, the noodles should be able to amazing on it's own... which is not the case here.




Pancit Canton Guisado (Php 245.00)


If you want me to recommend the Best Pancit I have ever tasted, then just go to the New TOHO Food Center in Binondo, Manila.

Let me just say this again... I write my honest reviews based on my personal experience when I dine at a restaurant. I know there might be a lot of people who found their experience with Casa Reyes unforgettable in a good way... and actually found the food delicious. Perhaps... I'm just not one of them. Sorry.


MY VERDICT 

What I Liked:
> Nothing really

What  I Didn't Like:
> Food - was expecting more flavorful Chicken Barbecue. Everything was plain tasting.
> Service - super slow... we actually had to follow-up several times for the Chicken Barbecue and other dishes

Will I Go Back?:
> Never

Do I Recommend This Place?:
> No. I'd recommend other places instead if you're craving for the food on this entry




* your feedback, comments, opinions, and suggestions
are highly appreciated... 
feel free to post it on the form below


OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...