also featuring : some of my scrumptious tried and tested recipes - travel tips - fantastic finds

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crispy Pata, Kare-Kare, and Bagoong Rice @ Bagoong Club

Location: 122 Scout Dr. Lazcano, Sacred Heart
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
Telephone: (63) - 2 - 9290544 / (63) - 2 - 9295450
Hours: Daily / 11:00 am - 3:00 pm / 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
-------------------------------------------------------


















Here we go again on my Crispy quest. What can I say, I really am A BIG FAN of Crispy Pata. So browsing the internet in search of a new place to satisfy my Crispy Pata craving, we decided to try Bagoong Club in Quezon City. Since they serve crispy pata AND is known to have great tasting bagoong rice... sounds like a winner in my book! Hello cholesterol and high-blood! Hahaha :-)


 Crispy Pata (Php 425.00)


I know it might seem totally silly of me to order the usual Crispy Pata and Kare-Kare in a restaurant offering a wide array of Filipino Food and bagoong-infused dishes... but hey, you can't blame me... don't worry, we'll make sure we try the other specialties next time.

On to the Crispy Pata... or Crispy Pork Leg (and knuckles) in English

The Crispy Pata was served together with the Bagoong Rice and Kare-Kare... so plus points for serving the main dishes together. I just hate it when restaurants serve the rice or main dish first and take too long to serve the other dishes. Bagoong Club served their crispy pata chopped, with the knuckles... good, good. Overall, I would say their crispy pata was delicious... it had the chewy gelatinous parts I look for, meat was flavorful, and the skin was indeed crispy :-)



paired with Bagoong Rice... Mmmm... sinful goodness!



The Bagoong Rice was tasty and went well with the Crispy Pata. Others might say that Crispy Pata and Bagoong might be too rich to eat together, but I just love getting my salty-fatty fix :-)

Bagoong Rice (Php 155.00)
good for 2-3 people depending on how much rice you can eat



Traditional Kare-Kare... yeah it was OK... same old, same old properly cooked Kare-Kare. What I didn't like about it though was how the dish was presented. I know lunch time can be busy but I believe a restaurant should always present their dishes/products in the best way possible, even if it does taste good. We took a photo of the Kare-Kare as soon it was served, and I swear we didn't stir or touch it. All you can see is the sauce and a bobbing piece of meat. It seems like the dish is just full of sauce, but there are vegetables and more meat pieces, you just can't see them. Not bad... just a little something I'm sure is easy to correct and improve on :-)



Traditional Kare-Kare (Php 396.00)


MY VERDICT 

Overall: 
> Good! :-) Bagoong Club is a nice Filipino Restaurant to have lunch or dinner at. Also makes for a great "pasyal" spot for balikbayans craving for Filipino specialties.

What I Liked/Plus Points:
> aside from the Crispy Pata and Bagoong Rice, I found it nice that they served complimentary slices of singkamas with their 3 types of bagoong
> the servers were also pretty attentive and helpful, never had trouble having my bottomless iced tea refilled :-)
Will I Go Back?:
> Yes! Will have to try their other specialties as well as their "Basta Binagoongan" dishes.

Do I Recommend This Place?:
> Yes

* photos below borrowed from their Facebook Page




 

* So far, not one restaurant-served or food-stall-sold crispy pata has beaten our all-time favorite pata place in Candelaria, Quezon Province.



* your feedback, comments, opinions, and suggestions
are highly appreciated... 
feel free to post it on the form below


OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...