also featuring : some of my scrumptious tried and tested recipes - travel tips - fantastic finds

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shangri-La Finest Chinese Cuisine - West Triangle

Location: 4 Times Street, West Triangle
Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone: (63) - 2 - 3739888
Website: http://www.shangrilafinestcuisine.com/
Hours: Daily / 10:00 am - 2:00 pm / 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
-------------------------------------------------


 Fried Boneless Chicken with Chili and Garlic


Everytime our family eats here, we usually order from the Set Menus. Set Menus range from Php 2,240 to Php 10,324 for about 10-12 people per table. Food here used to be more delicious than it is now. I can't really say that this is the place to go for authentic tasting Chinese dishes. Nevertheless, Shangri-La Finest Chinese Cuisine is still a good place to go to for average-yummy Chinese fare.

I love their Fried Boneless Chicken with Chili and Garlic... it doesn't have that oily, thick breading taste.

Pancit Canton (Shangri-La Style) is just so-so. I've had more scrumptious pancit dishes at Ongpin... and If you want me to suggest the best tasting pancit I've ever tasted, just go to the New Toho Food Center in Binondo.


Pancit Canton (Shangri-la Style)



Sauteed Sliced Beef with Mushroom


As for their Yeung Chow Fried Rice (Yang Chow), tastes average. It doesn't taste as delicious as it did about 5 years ago. In my opinion, you can get yummier Yang Chow Fried Rice at Panciteria San Jacinto where it is just heavenly. I believe the flavor quality of their food has declined through the years... perhaps they have new cooks... I'm just not sure.


Yeung Chow Fried Rice and Sweetcorn with Crabmeat Soup



Chopsuey Guisado ... average... nothing spectacular...


Chopsuey Guisado


MY VERDICT

What I Like:
> Price - Reasonably priced, especially when you order from the Set Menus
> Food - Fried Boneless Chicken with Chili and Garlic

Will I Go Back?:
> Yes, especially for family get-togethers

Do I Recommend This Place?:
> Yes. This is also a good place to hold your Christening parties, for those old-school peeps (like our family) who believes it's good luck to have it in Chinese Restaurants :-)



* your feedback, comments, opinions, and suggestions
are highly appreciated... 
feel free to post it on the form below


OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...