also featuring : some of my scrumptious tried and tested recipes - travel tips - fantastic finds

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Zuppa - Eastwood Libis, Quezon City

Location: 3rd Level CyberMall Building Eastwood,
Libis, Quezon City Philippines
Telephone: 63-(2)-6873171
Hours:
M-T-W-Th-F / 12:00 mn - 12:00 mn
Sat - Sun / 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------



I started eating here when I was working at Eastwood. Zuppa was a welcome change from the usual Jolibee, Mcdonald's, or KFC for lunch.

Most of their food are priced below 100.00 pesos; not bad, especially for their gourmet rice dishes.


My favorite is the Madras Curry priced at 95.00 pesos. You can request to have the cook make the dish not spicy, spicy, or extra spicy (like how I always have it)... Mmm-mmm! The size of their servings are just right for one, but definitely not enough for sharing.


Another favorite is Zuppa's Thai Bagoong. It's basically a Thai Bagoong Rice dish with sweet beef slices topped with green mango strips served with sweet soy sauce. It's really delicious, and again, you can request to have it spicier than usual. For 95.00 pesos, I think the price is quite reasonable since they don't scrimp on their ingredients.

The Mongolian Seafood Bowl however is something I'm not that crazy about. If you're used to the good old Mongolian eat-all-you-can grills, you'd say that this is definitely not Mongolian. It's quite sweet for my taste, and lacks the Mongolian flavor I'm used to.

Their Cool Ninja dish (Kani strips topped with seaweeds and wasabi sauce served on soy based rice) priced at 100.00 pesos is also quite interesting. It basically tastes like loose california maki... good, but not amazing.





Zuppa's Bulgogi Gogo gourmet rice dish is also a yummy choice. One thing I don't like about it though is the serving size for this dish. It seems to have the smallest helping of rice among all their rice dishes.

If you're hungry, don't order their sandwiches and omelettes. I find them quite small and not that tasty. I haven't seen or tried their steak sandwiches though...

When ordering drinks (I usually have their Bottomless Iced Tea at 40.00 pesos), be sure to request for extra ice. Their drinks are not that ice-cold, and since I want mine super duper cold, I always make it a point to request for a bucket of ice with my drink.

Zuppa is a good place to go, especially for people in the Eastwood area looking for a good alternative to the usual fast-food-fare. If you'd be going there for lunch, I suggest to come early; this place gets packed for lunch and dinner, and service becomes quite disappointing.

MY VERDICT

What I Like:
> Price - Affordable

What I Don't Like:
> Service - ssssslow, most of the time

Will I Go Back?:
> Yup!

Do I Recommend This Place?:
> Yes, a must-try for office peeps in the Eastwood area looking for a yummy alternative to Mcdo, KFC, Jollibee or Somethin' Fishy.. hahaha :-)

 

* your feedback, comments, opinions, and suggestions
are highly appreciated... 
feel free to post it on the form below


OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...